We understand that privacy and the security of your personal information is extremely important. Because of that, this policy sets out what we do with your information and what we do to keep it secure. It also explains where and how we collect your personal information, as well as your rights over any personal information we hold about you.
This policy applies to you if you use our products or services at head office, at our factories, over the phone, online, through our mobile applications or otherwise by using any of our websites or interacting with us on social media (our “Services”). This policy gives effect to our commitment to protect your personal information and has been adopted by all of the companies and businesses in the Prestige Homeseeker group.
Who are we
When we say ‘we’ or ‘us’ in this policy, we’re generally referring to the separate and distinct legal entities that make up the Prestige Homeseeker Group (although it does depend on the context). These include:
• Prestige Homeseeker Park and Leisure Homes, 8 Shipton Way, Express Business Park, Rushden, Northamptonshire, NN10 6GL
What sorts of information do we hold
- Information that you provide to us such as your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address, bank account and payment card details and any feedback you give to us, including by phone, email, post, or when you communicate with us via social media:
- Information about the Services that we provide to you (including for example, the things we have provided to you, when and where, what you paid, the way you use our products and Services, and so on);
- Your account login details, including your username and chosen password;
- Information about any device you have used to access our Services (such as your device’s make and model, browser or IP address) and also how you use our Services. For example, if you use our websites, we try to identify when and how you use those websites;
- Information from other sources such as our Park retail partners, specialist companies that provide customer information (like credit reference agencies, fraud prevention agencies and market research companies) and social media providers, as well as information that is publicly available.
How do we use your information
The information we collect may be used to:
- Make available our Services to you;
- Process your orders;
- Take payment from you or give you a refund;
- Personalise your experience, for example by understanding your location preferences to assist you in finding and available Park location;
- Help us ensure that our customers are genuine and to prevent fraud;
- Conduct market research, either ourselves or with reputable agencies;
- For statistical analysis;
- Help us understand more about you as a customer and which products and services you use;
- Find ways to improve our Services and websites;
- Contact you about products and services from us and other companies;
- Provide you with online advertising including new model launches, events and shows.
- Provide for the safety and security of our colleagues and customers; and
- Help answer your questions and solve any issues you have.
• When you apply to us to purchase a home we may:
1. Verify your identity
2. Search at credit reference agencies for information regarding your company accounts.
3. Undertake checks for the prevention and detection of fraud and/or money laundering;
4. If you give us false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this and may also pass this information to financial and other organisations involved in fraud prevention to protect us, them and our respective customers from theft and fraud.
• With the information that we obtain, we will
1. Manage your account with us;
2. If you have requested finance, pass your contact details to our finance partner DF Capital.
3. Use the information for other purposes for which you give your specific permission or, in very limited circumstances, when required by law or where permitted under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998 and any other relevant or replacement legislation, such as the General Data Protection Regulation.
Fraud Prevention Agencies
We have systems that protect our customers and ourselves against fraud and other crime. Personal information can be used to prevent crime and trace those responsible. If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified, details will be passed to fraud prevention agencies. Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information. We and other organisations may also access and use this information to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example, when:
- Managing accounts;
- Recovering debt;
- Checking details of job applicants and employees.
Who we might share your information with
The Prestige Homeseeker Group
We will share the data with our approved park partners to enable us to match you with a park in the best locations for you and to enable the process of purchasing a home on a park. The Park will then contact you directly to discuss what they can provide, and will have their own privacy statement as to how they manage and store your data.
Once a Park has been selected and an order placed with the Park, your data will not be shared with any other companies beyond the park that you are currently dealing with.
If you are purchasing a home for your own land, your data will not be shared with our approved park partners.
We will store and use your contact details to communicate with you regarding the specification of your home and to enable contact throughout the build process and warranty period (up to 10 years after despatch)
We will use your contact details to advise you of any new products, events, show and offers unless you request to be removed from this process.
Our Park Partners
We might share your personal information with Park partners we do business with. This is so they can give you their services. We will only share information that allows them to provide their services to us or to facilitate them providing their services to you. For example, some of our Park Partners providers advertising about our products and services online. As a result, where you have indicated you are happy to receive marketing from us, you might see online advertising that we have placed on the web sites you visit.
Our service providers
We work with partners and suppliers who process your personal information on our behalf, but only where they meet the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and our standards on the processing of data and security. We only share information that allows them to provide their services to us or enables them to facilitate providing their services to you – for example, we may share your address details with a supplier to arrange for direct delivery of goods.
Other organisations and individuals:
We may transfer your personal information to other organisations in certain scenarios. For example:
- Data may be placed in cloud storage provided by our supplier. This will be secured according to the GDPR regulations.
- If we need to do so in order to exercise or protect our legal rights, users, systems and Services.
- If we’re discussing selling or transferring part or all of a business, we may share information about you to prospective purchasers – but only so they can evaluate that business;
- If we are reorganised or sold to another organisation, we may transfer information we hold about you to them so they can continue to provide the Services to you;
- If required to by law, under any code of practice by which we are bound or we are asked to do so by a public or regulatory authority such as the Police or the Department for Work and Pensions; or
- In response to requests from individuals (or their representatives) seeking to protect their legal rights or the rights of others.
International transfers of your information
Keeping you informed about our products and services
We would like to tell you about the great offers, ideas, products and services of the Prestige Homeseeker Group from time to time that we think you might be interested in. Where you have consented to us doing so, we may do this through the post, by email, text message, online, using social media, push notifications via apps, or by any other electronic means.
We won’t send you marketing messages if you tell us not to but we will still need to send you occasional service-related messages. If you wish to amend your marketing preferences, you can do so by calling our Customer Care Team on 0845 070 2345
Access and correction of your personal information
You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you in many circumstances. This is sometimes called a ‘Subject Access Request’. If we agree that we are obliged to provide personal information to you (or someone else on your behalf), we will provide it to you or them free of charge.
Before providing personal information to you or another person on your behalf, we may ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interactions with us that we can locate your personal information.
If any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, you may ask us to correct it.
If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us as set out below.
Right to stop or limit our processing of your data
You have the right to object to us processing your personal information if we are not entitled to use it anymore, to have your information deleted if we are keeping it too long or have its processing restricted in certain circumstances.
If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us as set out below.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will retain a record of your personal information. This is done in order to provide you with a high quality and consistent service across our group. We will always retain your personal information in accordance with law and regulation and never retain your information for longer than is necessary.
Links to other websites
Sharing your thoughts
When using one of our websites or mobile applications, you may be able to share information through social networks like Facebook and Twitter. For example when you ‘like’, ‘share’ or review our Services. When doing this your personal information may be visible to the providers of those social networks, their other users and/or Prestige Homeseeker Group Companies. Please remember it is your responsibility to set appropriate privacy settings on your social network accounts so you are comfortable with how your information is used and shared on them.
We take security measures to protect your information including:
• limiting access to our buildings to those that we believe are entitled to be there (by use of passes, key card access and other related technologies);
• implementing access controls to our information technology, such as firewalls, ID verification and logical segmentation and/ or physical separation of our systems and information;
• never asking you for your passwords;
• advising you never to enter your account number or password into an email or after following a link from an email.
If you would like to exercise one of your rights as set out above, or you have a question or a complaint about this policy, the way your personal information is processed, please contact us by one of the following means:
• By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• By post: Data Protection Controller, Prestige Homeseeker Park & Leisure Homes, 8 Shipton Way, Express Business Park, Rushden, Northamptonshire, NN10 6GL
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK regulator, the Information Commissioner. Go to ico.org.uk/concerns to find out more.